Lifelong Learning Centre’s first ever Virtual Annual Lifelong Learning Industry Engagement Day (ALLIED)
On the 13th of September 2021, Lifelong Learning Centre held their first ever Annual Lifelong Learning Industry Engagement Day (ALLIED) via Microsoft Teams.
The virtual event brought together key stakeholders from both public and private sectors involved in promoting employability and marketability of our locals through lifelong learning, upskilling and reskilling.
The objectives of ALLIED were:
- To provide knowledge and awareness to potential and existing training providers on the current initiatives, resources and services offered by relevant government agencies to support and facilitate their training programmes;
- To act as a platform to exchange information, ideas and experiences on manpower and skills demand landscape in Brunei Darussalam through promotion of lifelong learning opportunities, and upskilling and reskilling of current and future workforce;
- To enable existing and potential training providers to make informed decisions on training programmes to be offered based on current and projected skills and job opportunities.
We would like to thank our strategic partners for their support in making this event a success:
- Manpower Planning and Employment Council (MPEC)
- Manpower and Industry Steering Committee (MISC) (Energy, Hospitality and Tourism, Marine, ICT and Construction)
- Brunei Darussalam National Accreditation Council (BDNAC)
- Department of Private Education, Ministry of Education
- Institute of Brunei Technical Education (IBTE)
We are humbled to have been able to host the first of this event and look forward to hosting more of these in the future in order to bring together important and relevant stakeholders to achieve our Wawasan Brunei 2035.